Are you interested in campaigning with us to accelerate the transition to zero emissions transport in cities across Europe? We are looking to hire an experienced campaigner to lead on building a robust network of health, environmental and grassroots organisations dedicated to making France cleaner, quieter and more liveable by championing shared, active and electric mobility. The Coordinator will mobilise usual and unusual groups/allies on the ground in France and will play a crucial role in the planning and implementation of the campaign on the ground and will act as the link to the European core team.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The CCC Coordinator develops, implements and leads the strategy for the Clean Cities Campaign’s project in France. She/He/They will contribute to the overarching campaign goal of getting European cities to phase-out the internal combustion engine by 2030. The Coordinator is responsible for working collaboratively with local groups to help realise the vision for the project and to deliver on the campaign’s objectives. The Coordinator will also amplify and curate a vibrant community and help organisations and citizens to remain aligned in their activities and messaging. The Coordinator will actively contribute to the strategic development of the campaign and will be leading the detailed planning of outputs.
Your tasks will include:
- Working with colleagues in the Clean Cities Campaign Core Team and T&E, as well as consultants, partners and allies to deliver on the campaign’s objectives.
- Becoming fluent in and helping to develop strategies and tactics for the campaign and develop an approach for advancing these in France.
- Making use of a variety of tactics and tools to build public support, political pressure, and momentum for change in line with the campaign’s objectives.
- Building and/or supporting and amplifying a Clean Cities Campaign coalition in France, that is active around air pollution and mobility by fostering key relationships with relevant policymakers, other charities, unusual partners (e.g. parents associations) and other allies at a city level.
- Acting as the first point of contact in France for the Clean Cities Campaign and making sure the organisations in the coalition all deliver in accordance with agreements and they play to their strengths – together adding up to a meaningful and impactful campaign effort.
- Communicating skillfully with government officials, elected officials and other policymakers and their staff – at the city and national levels – to support the campaign.
- Serving as campaign spokesperson in France and representing the Clean Cities Campaign at meetings, conferences, and events.
- Contributing to and/or producing a variety of external communication materials, including blogs, articles, speeches, and social media posts, in close collaboration with communications staff and leadership
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 4-5 years experience in project coordination and/or environmental advocacy. You have an enthusiasm and passion for campaigning and for sustainable mobility, and ability to infect others with it.
- A proven ability to cultivate contacts and build lasting alliances leading to tangible results. Great networking skills are a must.
- Passion for working with a small, international and multicultural team
- Self-awareness, confidence and creativity with a willingness to try new things and innovate while maintaining our core work.
- Committed to the values of equity, authentic communication and collaboration
- You know the political and NGO/grassroots landscape in France and are well aware of mobility and air pollution problems and potential solutions in France.
- You are a native speaker in French and comfortable working in English.
- You are knowledgeable in dealing with group dynamics.
- You are a team player and have leadership skills.
- You are an excellent communicator.
- You are flexible and ready to work in the evening when necessary (ex. meetings with grassroots movements).
- You are willing to travel for work purposes.
The Clean Cities Campaign, hosted by Transport & Environment, is a European coalition of over 70 grassroots and civil society organisations aiming to hasten the phase out of the internal combustion engine in European cities, while championing active, shared and electric mobility for a more liveable and sustainable urban future. The vision of the coalition is to create zero emission urban mobility systems by 2030.
We are committed to the professional development of our colleagues and invest in training from your first day with the organisation. Our people work across Europe: colleagues in Belgium, Italy, Germany, Spain, the UK and beyond collaborate with our partner organisations to achieve our mission.
This is a full time or 0.8 FTE position. A flexible working schedule can be discussed. The location of the position is flexible within France, but ideally should be based in Paris.
To apply, please complete an application form and send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria. The email subject line should state: Application for Local and National Coordinator France, Clean Cities Campaign.
The closing date for applications is midnight CET on September 22nd. First Round interviews are scheduled to be held on the week commencing October 3rd by video conference. The successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
T&E/Clean Cities Campaign anticipates a high number of applications and only shortlisted candidates for the first round of interviews will be contacted. T&E is an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in applications for this position.